Friday, July 18, 2008

28 Years After the Eruption - Mount St. Helens, Washington

1980, Mount Saint Helens erupted, blowing the side off the mountain. Today, it's still steaming, and a great tourist attraction!


Here's what's left of the mountain. There's a magma dome building in the middle still.


That "stuff" in the lake below is actually trees--thousands of trees that were literally blown off the mountain and into the lake!



While I was there, I met a bear named Ted that travels the world too. We just had to get a picture together.


Oh, and I got to see the Seattle Space Needle too :-)

2 comments:

juanita said...

Hi Chuck
I'm the handsome travelling bear you met on the road to Mt.St.Helens. I was thrilled to see you included my photo on your blog. Looks like you had a good trip to the space needle and other great places. I am now back home in Comox, British Columbia, Canada on Vancouver Island. If you would like to send me your email address I will send you the photo I have of us at Mr.St.Helens.

Ted (The Traveling Bear)

juanita said...

Hi Chuck

Oh, guess I should have left you my email address. It is juanitareid18@hotmail.com.

Ted (The Traveling Bear)